Studies show that, although family size is shrinking, homes are larger than ever (from around 1200 sq. feet in 1970 to an average of over 2400 in 2005). We have so much stuff that we need larger homes in which to contain all of our growing accumulations. In fact, the small storage unit business is a rapidly growing business, since people need more room to store their excess. It is so easy to get caught up in "storing up things for yourself" instead of investing in the only things that last forever:
- The souls of men
- The Word of God
Questions for today's Chronological Bible reading:
Luke 10:21-24; Matthew 11:25-27
- Why does the Father hide spiritual truth from the wise and learned and reveal the same to little children?
- How does Jesus describe Himself and what does He desire to do for those who come to Him?
- Why do people refuse to come to Jesus and to what instead do they typically turn?
- How do the sisters differ in their choices and what kind of problem does this cause?
- Why do Jesus' disciples ask Him to teach them to pray?
- How does Jesus explain or illustrate what should characterize our prayers?
- What view of God drives bold prayers?
- What does Jesus look for in people?
- What causes the Ninevites to repent?
- How does the story about Solomon and the Queen of Sheba apply to the crowds of people?
- How does Jesus explain the necessity of spiritual sight?
- What are Pharisees most concerned about?
- What is the key of knowledge that Jesus refers to?
- How are the Pharisees similar to their forefathers and what is it about Jesus that makes the Pharisees so furious?
- Why does Jesus give such a stern warning about hypocrisy?
- What drives hypocrisy?
- Why does Jesus warn the people about greed?
Ask the Lord to reveal to you areas in your life where you need to downsize in order to focus more fully on the Word of God, the souls of men and prayer.