her husband also, and he praises her."
Real Estate Investor/Developer. Benefactor. First Lady. Entrepreneur. Teacher. Manager. Supervisor. Reading the description of the Proverbs 31 lady exhausts me. She sounds like a Super Woman.
What's missing in her description? Time for herself, that's what. The needs of her family drive her every activity. Not only that. She deliberately carves out time and resources to minister to the poor.
What can modern women learn from the Proverbs 31 woman?
- Self-absorption prevents experiencing real contentment and satisfaction in life.
- Genuine fulfillment comes when you lay down your life for others.
- Life's reward always comes later when family members reflect on your life.
- Busy women don't have time for self-pity and depression.
- Real success is measured by empowering the success of others.
Questions for today's Chronological Bible reading:
- What did King Lemuel's mother teach him about alcoholic drinks?
- What did she teach him about caring for the poor and the needy?
- What characteristic is prominent in the wife described in Proverbs 31?
- Describe the husband and household of this wise wife.
- Why do you think women struggle with this discription of a wise woman?
- Describe life under Solomon's rule.
- Read 1 Samuel 8:10-18. What kind of demands does Samuel say that a king would make of the people of Israel?
- Review the regulations that Moses recorded in Deuteronomy 17:14ff. Which regulations does Solomon violate?
- What does breaking these violations tell you about Solomon?
Thank the Lord for the high calling of being a wife and a mother. Ask Him to help you to reflect Him in all that you do.