Questions for today's Chronological Bible reading (Judges 10:1-13:25):
- Describe the sin of Israel in Judges 6th sin cycle.
- What does Jephthah tell the Ammonites about their god, Chemosh? About the God of Israel?
- Did Jephthah need to make a vow to the Lord and use his daughter as surety?
- What causes conflict between Jephthah and the men of Ephraim?
- To whom does the Angel of the Lord appear in chapter 13? What does this tell you about the Lord and His relationship with women? (Twice in the Old testament the Angel of the Lord appears to a woman: Hagar and Manoah's wife (2x). The Angel of the Lord appears to Hagar, Abraham, Balaam and his donkey, Gideon, Elijah, David, Zechariah, and Joshua (in Zech. 3:1, 6). What does the Angel of the Lord tell Manoah about his wife?
- How does Manoah's perspective regarding the visit from the Angel of the Lord differ from that of his wife's?
- Describe Samson's earliest days.
Ask the Lord to identify areas of your life where you are allowing the past to define who you are to to help you become more intentional in knowing the Scriptures so that you are defined by who you are in Christ.