- Neglecting the Book of the Law
- Proper worship
- Worshipping idols
- Social injustice
- Sexual immorality
Blessing and cursing usually involve:
- Physical, family and agricultural prosperity or poverty
- National security and military dominance over other nations or defeat and enslavement to other nations
Questions for today's Chronological Bible reading: Deuteronomy 27:1-28:68
- What is the first thing that God commands the people to do after they cross over the Jordan?
- What is the purpose of this visual?
- What does the Lord promise to do for the children of Israel that reveals His unlimited goodness toward an obedient people?
- Think about the opening of the heavens during the flood. In the same way that God opened the windows of heaven for destruction so He promises to open up the windows of heaven for blessing.
- Describe the mental state of those under His cursing.
Read 2 Chronicles 7:14 and turn the verse into a prayer.