- God's wisdom (He will do the right thing)
- God's timing (He will do the right thing at the right time)
- God's power (He is able to do the right thing at the right time)
Questions for today's Chronological Bible reading:
Genesis 27:1-28:9; Genesis 36; 1 Chron. 1:35-54
- Describe Isaac and Rebekah's marriage.
- How has "having favorites" affected their marriage?
- Describe the boy's relationship with one another.
- What was Jacob and Esau's view of God?
- How many reservations does Isaac have (that something wasn't quite right) during his interaction with Jacob?
- How does Esau respond to his mother and brother's deception?
- What does this tell about holding grudges?
- List a couple of areas where people today resort to scheming. What does scheming reveal about a person's faith in God?
Ask the Lord to make you sensitive to when you scheme in words and in actions. Ask Him to enlarge your view of Him and His ability.