Questions for today's Chronological Bible reading:
- How does Job's first response to the Lord differ from his second response (40:3-5; 42:1-6)?
- What does God say in His second response to Job that finally brings Job to such brokenness?
- From where does God speak to Job (38:1; 40:6)?
- What does the behemoth (think hippopotamus) teach Job about his limitations and God's omnipotence?
- What does the leviathan (think large crocodile) teach Job about his limitations and God's omnipotence?
- What has suffering taught Job about himself in the course of this story?
- What has suffering taught Job about God in the course of this story?
- What have you learned about yourself, God, and suffering through Job's story?
Ask the Lord to bring people to your mind who've caused you pain during suffering by their lack of compassion and understanding. Forgive them and release them to the Lord. Ask the Lord to expose thoughts about God that you entertain that are unworthy of Him. As He brings them to mind simply turn to God in repentance.